Sensima Inspection SARL
Short description of the organization
Sensima Inspection is a SME founded as a start-up company of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in 2009. Sensima Inspection develops and markets advanced electro-magnetic solutions for non-destructive testing (NDT) and quality control (QC). Sensima Inspection is a unique combination of the most advanced technologies including IC design and a recognised expertise in non-destructive testing to address your most complex inspection problems. The innovative products of Sensima Inspection are designed to improve performance, to reduce equipment size and weight, and to facilitate integration in and interfacing with your inspection systems. Sensima Inspection solutions address manual, robotised, and monitoring NDT with a common instrumentation, therefore ensuring the overall consistency of the collected data. This feature
facilitates the application of Asset Integrity Management standards into NDT and monitoring procedures.
Role in the project and main tasks
Leader of task T8.2 installing an EC sensor on a remote location,
adaptation of the sensor system to be installed by the aerial robotic manipulator in task 2.2, contribution to the exploitation tasks T9.1 and T9.2.
Key publications before the project
- SI-QSD: The SI-QSD chip is a digital Eddy Current measurement system containing all necessary blocks for signal generation, AC current bias, voltage measurement, amplification, demodulation, filtering, digitalization, and communication. see here
- UPEC Ultraportable Eddy Current tester: Sensima inspection’s “Ultraportable USB Eddy Current Tester” is very compact and easy-to-use, yet it integrates advanced features such as multifrequency, multiplexing, probe identification, digital communication. see here
- UWEC Underwater Eddy Current tester: Sensima inspection’s “Underwater Eddy Current Tester” shares the inspection features of the UPEC (multifrequency, probe identification …) in addition to being waterproof down to 1000m/3200ft (depending on version). see here
- Eddy current probes for surface inspection tasks in gas turbine: A reference base of 80 different probes is currently built up for a major power company.
- Patent: Method for determining geometric characteristics of an anomaly in a test object and measuring apparatus for carrying out the method US 8358125 B2.
- Paper: G. Santi, D. Hippert, P. Kejik, M. Picasso, B. Revaz, R. Moser and H. Bleuler, “The High-Resolution Magnetic Camera: A Novel Sensor for Eddy Current Testing”, Proceedings of the ENDE 2012 workshop in “Studies in Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics”, IOS Press
- Paper: D. Hippert, G. Santi, P. Kejik, M. Picasso, B. Revaz, R. Moser and H. Bleuler, “Characterization of Surface Cracks Through the Local Magnetic Field Induced by Eddy Currents”, Proceedings of the ENDE 2012 workshop in “Studies in Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics”, IOS Press